Enjoy this festive margarita that we created with the help of Du Nord Craft Spirits. It’s a cozy take on the classic and the perfect warming cocktail to sip on in the winter months. Cheers!
- equal parts cinnamon sugar and flaky sea salt, for the rim
- 1 ounce mezcal or silver tequila
- 1 ounce of Apple Du Nord Liqueur
- 1 ounce lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon maple or simple syrup (use more or less to your taste)
- apple slices and cinnamon sticks for garnish
- makes one drink
If desired, rim your glass in salted cinnamon sugar. Run a lime wedge around the rim of the glass and dip into mixture.
Combine the mezcal or tequila, apple liqueur, lime juice, and simple syrup in a cocktail shaker. Add ice and shake to combine. Strain into glass. Drink it neat or on ice. Garnish with apple slices, cinnamon sticks or rosemary. If desired light the cinnamon on fire for a smoky effect.